The latest football gossip and transfer rumours
06:20 · September 21, 2020
·2 min read
Man United will ramp up the pressure on Dortmund in a bid to sign Jadon Sancho, while Wolves could be close to a move for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
THE SUN ON SUNDAY
- Manchester United are set to launch a last-minute bid for Jadon Sancho – and are confident Borussia Dortmund will be forced to accept a cut-price fee.
- Arsenal’s bid to sign Lyon star Houssem Aouar is under threat – after their club’s president Jean-Michel Aulas warned he will only be sold for £44m.
THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH
- Chelsea have finally agreed a £20m deal to sign goalkeeper Edouard Mendy from French club Rennes.
Mark O’Haire previews Chelsea v Liverpool in the Premier League
- Wolves are eyeing an ambitious move for Liverpool midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
- Georginio Wijnaldum’s future has been thrown into confusion after Barcelona were banned by La Liga rulers from signing the Kop star.
- Sergio Romero could be on the way out of Old Trafford – with Valencia pushing to end his stay at Manchester United.
- Ed Woodward’s Manchester United programme notes suggest no more big-money signings will be coming through the door this month.
- Manchester United are reportedly turning their attentions to Watford’s Ismaila Sarr after Liverpool opted against signing the forward.
Check out our daily racing advice
THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
- Victor Osimhen believes that Napoli is the best club for him right now even though he rejected several Premier League clubs this summer ahead of the Serie A move.
- Ilkay Gundogan says Manchester City need to be much more consistent this season if they are going to challenge for another Premier League title.
Our best bets for the latest Premier League action
THE SUNDAY TIMES
- The Nottingham Forest manager Sabri Lamouchi says he is still the right man to be in charge at the City Ground despite a winless run that raises questions over the Frenchman’s future.
- Lille had a £17m bid for Alfredo Morelos knocked back earlier in the transfer window, but could come back in for the Colombia international before the window shuts.
Jadon Sancho has been a star for Borussia Dortmund