WE are set for a massive few weeks of boxing, with a packed Autumn schedule to come – and Tyson Fury making his WWE debut.
Anthony Joshua could rake in £59m from his Andy Ruiz Jr rematch according to Jarrell Miller, while Mayweather and Pacquiao could face off again.
Get all the latest boxing news and updates here…
MICKY WARD has stepped in to help Tyson Fury prepare for his rematch against Deontay Wilder on February 22nd.
Fury and Wilder fought to a controversial draw back on December 1st and now Fury is looking to improve on his last performance with the help of Ward, subject of Hollywood movie The Fighter.
Ward was WBU light welterweight champion in 2000 and had a legendary trilogy of fights against Arturo Gatti before ending his career in 2003 with a record of 38 wins and 13 losses
Fury said: “I’m here with boxing legend, Irish Micky Ward, he’s giving me some tips on the Deontay Wilder fight.
“I’m coming for you Wilder, you’re getting it son – Micky Ward style.”
Ward was known for his come forward style and vicious body punching.
Fury is due to take on Wilder in their highly anticipated rematch to their controversy December 1st draw on February 22nd.
But Fury has a match up with the WWE man mountain Braun Strowman first this weekend at Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia.
Fury explained that he feels Wilder isn’t liked by his own people in American saying he has no “substance,” no “intellect” and doesn’t have a personality.”
Fury said: “He screams ‘bomb squad’ a lot and pretends to have a personality, but really he doesn’t and there is no depth to him.
“I have already got more American fans than Wilder. For whatever reason, Wilder is not popular in America and people don’t like him.
“He has got no substance. He is a loud mouth.
“Behind that there is no intellect. He comes out with random things that don’t make sense. I am a trash talker, but sometimes I struggle to put together what he is talking about.”
Fury said Wilder has a dangerous fight coming up with Luis Ortiz explaining how Ortiz isn’t a foregone conclusion.
He added: “Wilder has to get through his fight first injury-free and even win.
“He should come through, but Luis Ortiz is a dangerous customer and is not to be overlooked or underestimated.
“For four or five rounds he is one of the most dangerous fighters in the world. He is a 6ft 4in southpaw who can punch hard.”
DAVID HAYE believes the winner in the rematch between Andy Ruiz Jr and Anthony Joshua may be forced to vacate the WBO world title.
Joshua, 30, attempts to win back his unified heavyweight crowns against Ruiz, also 30, on December 7 in Saudi Arabia.
After Derek Chisora knocked out David Price winning the WBO Inter-Continental belt on Saturday night, his manager Haye claims the British veteran could face Usyk next for the vacant world title.
He said: “Usyk, that’s an ideal situation.
“Whoever wins that title fight [between Ruiz and Joshua], whether they relinquish a belt or not, we don’t know.
“There’s speculation it’s going to happen. If it does happen, Derek is in a good position ranking wise, particularly after his performance here and after winning that WBO strap.”
EDDIE HEARN thinks Andy Ruiz Jr has tricked fans into thinking he has lost weight by using some tactical posing on his Instagram.
Unified heavyweight champion Ruiz, 30, shocked fans online after posting a picture looking far trimmer than he was the night he dethroned AJ in New York.
But promoter Hearn reckons the Snickers lover is actually HEAVIER, than he was in June, after watching the Mexican-American’s open workout in San Diego last Sunday.
He told iFL TV: “I thought he looked quite tubby. I actually thought he looked heavier than he did previously.
“Make your own mind up. That clip that I saw, which was him training in San Diego, I didn’t think that he looked slimmer than he did last camp. There was one picture of him leaning forward.
“The old ‘lean forward’, tucked back, with a little pout, can make you lose half a stone. Maybe he’s done that.”
EXCLUSIVE: NIGEL BENN’S comeback fight against Sakio Bika is OFF after the British legend suffered a shoulder injury.
The former world middleweight and super-middleweight champion was due to return to the ring after a 23-year absence on November 23.
Benn, 55, had been building up to the fight with intense training camps but first felt issues in his shoulders last week.
And after admitting defeat, he told SunSport: “I have been dreaming of a one-off fight for years and I’m heartbroken I’ve had to call it off.”
Benn’s fight against Bika, the 40-year-old Cameroonian-Australian, was planned over 10 rounds at the Resort World Arena, Birmingham.
SunSport photographer Richard Pelham was in the Matchroom Boxing gym with Benn and his son Conor when it became clear Benn could not carry on.